DevOps is a methodology aimed at improving the quality of software development.
The concept of DevOps
First, removing organizational barriers between developers. DevOps also aims to implement CI/CD practices. The methodology accompanies the project from creation and testing to operation and support.
DevOps is needed to create a system with loosely dependent components, which opens up the possibility of constant refactoring and release of updates without interrupting the organization.
Objectives of DevOps
- Reducing the number of failed releases.
- Accelerating project development.
- Reducing debugging time.
Principles of DevOps
- Communication culture. DevOps is about teamwork, development organization and uniting specialists of different profiles.
- Verifying code with automated tests.
- Monitoring the use of necessary tools and eliminating unnecessary ones.
- Ongoing analysis of processes.
- Interaction within the development team. Supporting collective responsibility.